Sports watch

2 messages
13/07/2012 at 19:27

Iv asked for a new 'garmin' type watch for my birthday off family members, only prob is, I have no idea about them and what is best to be looking for etc. Can anyone help please?

I run just about everything. From 100m/200m sprints to ultra's, on and off road, so it needs to be a general all rounder!

Thanks in advance.

14/07/2012 at 17:39

If you do ultras you might want one with a longer battery life. Some of the Garmins say 8 hours, which tends to mean 6 in practice. Not long enough for some ultra distances. The 305 is still very popular with ultra runners even though it's a much older model, due to its 12 hour battery life. The 310 and 910 have 20 hour batteries but cost a lot more.

Apart from the battery life thing, I think I'd be happy with just about any Garmin. Mine is a 405 and I don't use even half the features available on it. I just like knowing distance and average pace, and being able to log all my training online.

There are other makes of GPS watch too. I think Suunto watches are quite good.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.