Squeezy drinks

21 to 33 of 33 messages
13/03/2003 at 09:37
oh dear!

perhaps you're all really scary.

Or perhaps I just live in a dodgy area...
I don't get my bum pinched in Sainsbury's though. Just my hair pulled by one of the myriad of toddlers, small children and other wee beasties. And I get run over by those mad plastic cars that the kids are encouraged to 'drive' round the store in the style of Fred Flintstone. In Waitrose you get run over by vicious elderly ladies on zimmer frames... I'm sure they could finish a 5k much faster than I could!

13/03/2003 at 10:11
They go like a F1 driver when there's cheap bread around........
cougie    pirate
13/03/2003 at 16:51
Wish trolleys had wing mirrors on. Then maybe, just maybe, girlies wouldn't stop dead in the aisle and block the flow of traffic completely ? ;-)
Bax
13/03/2003 at 16:54
Oh no - girlies daring to stop and do their shopping in a supermarket!! There should be a law against that sort of thing!
cougie    pirate
13/03/2003 at 17:03
Good point Bax - Legislation is the answer !

Unless we can do a Mirror Signal Manoever thing ?
Bax
13/03/2003 at 17:11
And maybe introduce the Tesco Trolley's Test for beginners?
cougie    pirate
13/03/2003 at 17:15
Yessss !! They could have a big Green Flag on, and knobbly tyres so that they can't go so fast. Oh, and all trolleys should have rubber round them like a dodgem !

I babysat in the car one rainy shopping day whilst Mrs Cougie did the shop. I was hit by two trolleys in 45 minutes ! Grrrrr.

String 'em up I say !
13/03/2003 at 17:22
The flow of traffic stops completely because blokes have very limited spatial awareness and extremely slow reactions...

If you were to hold a trolley Grand Prix, the girls would be the F1 sports cars and the blokes would be the out-of-control juggernauts that had crashed through the motorway barrier, careered down the embankment, flattened a couple of villages and ended up on the track by accident...

there's an art to trolley manoeuvring and etiquette, and women have perfected it... men, just stick to baskets, please!

[oh dear, what have I just done? I'm going to go and hide now]
cougie    pirate
13/03/2003 at 17:24
Tee hee hee. My views precisely.

(well if you substitute men for women, and women for men)
13/03/2003 at 17:38
well, you're clearly the only man who believes men are better at shopping than women!
13/03/2003 at 20:21
Well if that's the case, we'll just leave the women to do the shopping... if I get complaints from the missus, I'll just blame u lot!
14/03/2003 at 09:17
I'm reluctantly coming to the conclusion that shopping is yet another thing I can't delegate. Sending my boyfriend to the supermarket is rather like ordering from Tesco's online - you never quite know what's going to come back. I put 'potatoes' on the list, and he returned with... two potatoes. Never mind that a whole chicken, parsnips, etc were also on the list...

Still, he always manages to find the cookies and beer, even when they're not on the list. Boys, eh?!

I think, StevieBoy, that the only answer is to send all men on a supermarket training course...
14/03/2003 at 10:03
Yeah I know what you mean. The missus always complain that when I go with her (or do it on my own) the bill somehow goes sky high, but when she does it on her own, the bill's quite reasonable...

So if she want a cheap shop, she has to go on her own, and I have to stay at home and watch the telly... it's a hard life but someone's gotta do it!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.