suggestions: women's capris

looking for capris that aren't see-through

21 to 31 of 31 messages
18/09/2012 at 07:34
Women and shorts vs. capris is probably not as much 'fashion' as just 'less hassle while out running'. Women running past groups of guys are routinely subjected to comments on how they look, how sweaty they are, how fat they are, how much their tits are jiggling, how small their tits are if they aren't jiggling, etc etc etc. Some women who would be perfectly happy to wear short shorts will cover up when running to avoid it.

P.S. I've never seen a bloke running in capri pants yet. Actually thought they weren't available for guys. I usually chuckle a little at the guys who wear full length tights then cover up with baggy shorts over the top as they're embarrassed to be seen in lycra. It usually looks rather uncomfortable...
18/09/2012 at 10:18

I have a great pair of capris from Decathlon, best I've had. 

And RWD, my male colleague rates 3/4 lengths. Apparently if you also cycle then this is acceptable behaviour.

18/09/2012 at 10:25
runs-with-dogs wrote (see)
... Women running past groups of guys are routinely subjected to comments on how they look, how sweaty they are, how fat they are, how much their tits are jiggling, how small their tits are if they aren't jiggling, etc etc etc. ...

I've never, in fifteen years of running, had any such comments!

My (now rather old) Nike lycra shorts come down to about three inches above the knee, and have rubbery bits around the inside of the hems to keep them in place.  I never wear anything under running shorts/tights - who needs a vpl and extra washing?

18/09/2012 at 10:32

You're lucky Wilkie, it doesn't happen often to me, but it does happen...not generally 'men' though. Boys!

I've tried so many shorts, even the Nike ones and they just ride up within a few steps! I'd love a slightly longer pair, because the capris can be a bit warm.

18/09/2012 at 11:12

For me it's a warmth issue. I want something inbetween shorts and full length tights - so the 3/4 capri's are perfect.

18/09/2012 at 11:16

Nike are good and I really like the Adidas Essentials 3/4 Run Capris - you can get them on Amazon and JJB sports.

I like Adidas by Stella 7/8 length tights too, it's a really flattering length

18/09/2012 at 11:18

But whatever you buy, it's worth trying them on in the shop and having a good look at your back view to see if they are see through!

28/09/2012 at 23:11

I prefer loose shorts - the capris make my shortish legs look shorter, so I only really wear those when I run in the dark. Although I do have a pair of Ron Hill running shorts still with the tags on as they're just too short.

30/09/2012 at 16:58

I really don't like capris which are basically cut-off tights, as they make my legs look too short! I love my Salomon 3/4 pants, which I got from Gear for Girls - they are slightly loose but defintiely not baggy. They are warm, stretchy, lightweight, comfortable and flattering. A brilliant purchase for in-between conditions, when shorts aren't enough but it's not cold enough for tights.

03/10/2012 at 10:30

I find 3/4 length tights very useful, and I can't see why other men object to them, but that is their prerogative. I agree with the earlier posting about wearing shorts over full length tights; looks daft to me, but again, if that what other men choose to do, that is their prerogative.

03/10/2012 at 10:38

Gore are the best ones I have and Adidas a close second- Nike fall down!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.