sunglasses

21 to 40 of 72 messages
20/03/2003 at 13:54
I use Blocs with interchangeable lenses similar to Bloc Stealth but with individual lenses and don't know if they are still available - great for running, skiing and biking. They don't move around on a sweaty nose. As the lenses are larger than fashion sunnies the do give very good protection and they also do a wide range of lens colours and UV ratings. Agree with comments on Oakley as well but Blocs are similar and less expensive!
21/03/2003 at 08:02
I saw them here:

http://www.fullsteamahead.co.uk/m-and-m-sports-brand/Sunwise

Only the result of a Google search, can't vouch for the site.
21/03/2003 at 20:18
I can defo vouch for the sunwise, I`ve had no problems with mine and they do have uv protection, like Moe states their no frills but very pratical.
21/03/2003 at 22:04
Lots of beer on board, got to stay in Sat as doing Ackworth 1/2 on Sun. Ordered Sunglasses from Bourne, never mind as i backed a 20-1 shot today at Suny Donny
22/03/2003 at 13:35
what model of sunwise glasses would you recommend, as the main two on m&m sports are altitude and buzz two
22/03/2003 at 14:26
Where is best place to get Oakleys? Running shop or opticians?
22/03/2003 at 18:34
re sunwise, i`ve got the alpa two version, no bottom rim and vent well, only have probs when heavy sweating.
26/03/2003 at 19:46
Helen T - you could try looking for Oakleys on the internet - bound to be the cheapest way.
27/03/2003 at 23:06
I have blocs with 3 lenses, wraparoundl ike Oakleys, good if I can keep my kids off them. Don't slip off when nose sweaty, £40 in my local outdoor shop (I agree with all the Bourne thread comments on local shops being better but have never found Bourne people to know anything about what they're selling, by the way)
WildWill    pirate
27/03/2003 at 23:19
Watch bid-up.tv they always auctioning sun-glasses
27/03/2003 at 23:56
In response to an earlier post by Mercury, try this site, it's outstanding and the prices are reasonable too: http://www.specs4sport.com/
cougie    pirate
28/03/2003 at 09:27
I've never found cheap Oakleys. You can buy fake ones, but if the lenses aren't what they say they are, they could damage your eyes more than protect them. :-(

V suspicious the way that Oakleys seem to be the same price the world over ?

Best I've managed is haggle with the shop and get a few quid knocked off.
15/08/2003 at 18:30
In defence of Oakleys.Their warranty system is second to none.
I had a pair of 4 year old Oakley eye jackets , wraparound style ( cost £80). I unfortunately sat on them and broke one of the arms. Solution . Go into opticians who stock Oakley and they give you a special box with postage paid. Send the broken Oakleys with approx date and place of purchase. They telephoned me back within 10 days.Given options . 1. Complete new frames , old lenses returned to me for £13 or 2.I can purchase anything from the latest range at 50 percent discount. Bearing in mind that my old lenses were fairly scratched I bought anew pair for 1/2 price , postage free.
I think that's pretty good service and the new specs have another warranty with them !!
09/10/2003 at 23:19
I wear a pair of sunwise, as recommended by RW some years ago i believe, i did find that they bounced slightly until my wife walked on them in the garden one day and now they are perfect.

Slightly crooked but perfect.

Pollard
04/08/2006 at 18:10
nike do a good range their flexon rimless are fab , not cheap but as im a dispensing optician i got a bit off. oakleys are always a good bet and the new range out is fab. wrap rounds are best cos they stop flying beasts from hurtling into eyes. i once had a horse fly in one for 2 days not nice.
04/08/2006 at 18:13
Who dragged this one up from the grave?
26/08/2007 at 18:01

I would say Oakleys if you can afford them exellent quality good fit great lenes and as mentioned warrenty second to none. on a budget bolle are good really clear and robust a bit like cheaper oakleys one thing i will not be doing again is buying cheap glasses because of the disortion in the lens feel like your drunk.

cougie    pirate
26/08/2007 at 21:04

Maybe you were ?

I do like my new Oakley Radars - but maybe a wee bit OTT for street wear. 

27/08/2007 at 20:24

Lost a bloody expensive pair of Arnette sunglasses climbing a couple of Munros yesterday.  GUTTED!

Need to buy a pairvof Oakleys then to cheer me up!

30/08/2007 at 09:58
I wear Nike Siege 2. They have ajustable frames incl. the bridge as well as interchangable lenses to ilininate glare in various light conditions as well as being non slip they do not hinder air circuolation.... The best I've used. +/- £130.00 but well worth it!!!
21 to 40 of 72 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.