The bargain thread

Post where you're getting your gear cheap here

1 to 20 of 502 messages
LIVERBIRD    pirate
08/03/2011 at 11:58

Instead of having 83 threads when Aldi has a running sale on, I thought it might be quite good if we collate all the information and then we can all hotfoot it down to the shops and clear them of gear.

I'll start.

TK Maxx has just had a pretty big delivery of More Mile kit and they have some Craft and even a few pair of Skins in. I paid £20 for compression tights.

As usual they had more blokes stuff than girls. Girls never get the good end of the deal in running kit terms.

08/03/2011 at 15:01
i've just taken loads of old running gear down to the recycle centre.........
08/03/2011 at 15:07

LB, I'm shocked that you would frequent TKMaxx

I know, a bargain is a bargain, but there ARE limits!  It's just so......  well, disorganised and, frankly, just grubby! 

Or maybe TKMaxx up your way is different from Thurrock, which has never had anything worth having anyway, so I've stopped bothering!

08/03/2011 at 15:13

Sports direct website! sooooo cheap!!

08/03/2011 at 16:04

Wilkie i have just bought some kit from the tk maxx thurrock store and there was quite a lot there. More mile t shirts as well has cycling shirts. Ron hill jackets along with different brands. Lots of shorts and leggins.

Also if you check out decathlon they have a sale on  now on last seasons running gear.

08/03/2011 at 16:33

Hmmm, Decathlon.......

I have more More-Mile t-shirts that I need, due to StartFitness sending them out free with my shoes.   Nice idea, but I'd rather go back to the free postage they used to do.

But the shoes are a bargain - Asics Gel 1160, £52, in BLACK   I had to buy another pair.  Or two.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
08/03/2011 at 17:43
Wilkie wrote (see)

LB, I'm shocked that you would frequent TKMaxx

I know, a bargain is a bargain, but there ARE limits!  It's just so......  well, disorganised and, frankly, just grubby! 

Or maybe TKMaxx up your way is different from Thurrock, which has never had anything worth having anyway, so I've stopped bothering!

I have 4 within spitting distance! I don't mind disorganised! They have Dolce and Gabbana knickers in right now!
08/03/2011 at 17:45
Your washing line LB - the thongs fit a treat, though I'm not so sure about the lycra tank tops and leg warmers
09/03/2011 at 13:06
I've got a few New Balance tech shirts out of TK maxx for a fiver each.
LIVERBIRD    pirate
09/03/2011 at 13:38
Corinthian wrote (see)
Your washing line LB - the thongs fit a treat, though I'm not so sure about the lycra tank tops and leg warmers

I feel slightly ill now.....
09/03/2011 at 14:05

Harris Active Sports High5 Isogels, cheapest I could find for a mixed box and arrived really quickly (ordered monday night arrived wednesday morning) ! £16.50 for box of 25 although there was £4 postage!

Edited: 09/03/2011 at 14:14
LIVERBIRD    pirate
09/03/2011 at 14:19

That looks like a good deal Touie!

I'm still wading my way through a 24 pack of Power bar gels!

09/03/2011 at 14:33
The berry isogels are really nice, I look forward to them  
09/03/2011 at 15:33
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

That looks like a good deal Touie!

I'm still wading my way through a 24 pack of Power bar gels!

I read that as power bra...

09/03/2011 at 17:15
Long Shotter wrote (see)

A mate of mine just sent me a link to this running website www.runninghome.co.uk . Really good. You can tell the site has been thought out by runners... and not just some big flash corporate money grabbers. 

Current season shoes and gear appear to be as cheap or cheaper than any other online store that's out there. Plus no delivery charges to UK addresses.

All running shoes and clothing are at least 10% below normal retail price + the Garmin watches are cheap + great deals on Energy Gels/Bars/Electrolyte, etc.

What I really like about the site is the Shoe Advisor/Finder. The pronation guide is brilliant also. Now I understand why I keep getting injured... I've been getting the wrong shoes!

https://www.runninghome.co.uk/shoeselector.php?

the site is ok to navigate around and has some good features however I haven't noticed any particularly cheap prices on there compared to other places!
LIVERBIRD    pirate
09/03/2011 at 18:14
Amazon are properly slashing prices too to compete these days. But they don't have any running expertise obviously.
09/03/2011 at 18:16

B*gger, I've just paid £45 or so for a pair of skins. Must go and look at TK max

Wheres the cheapest place to get SIS gels? (my preferred brand, not changing at this stage)

Cpt.Jack sparra    pirate
09/03/2011 at 18:20
Cheap biking gear is back in LidL from 14/03/11
09/03/2011 at 18:26
this lot are cheap for protein and bars and stuff cheap nom noms
09/03/2011 at 20:28

Field and Trek have good prices on shoes and clothing (lots of Nike and Asics stuff).

The prices in their shops are the same as the website too, if you have one nearby.

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/

1 to 20 of 502 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.