The big thumbs down!

What bit of kit failed to impress?

10 messages
29/01/2010 at 20:36

So what have you bought that has really been a let down?

I've got to say and not everyone will agree but I really didn't rate Sealskinz socks.

18 quid a pair, not at all comfy and they really make my feet sweat. Yes they are waterproof but so are a couple of Tesco carrier bags and probably more comfy.

So what didn't you like? 

29/01/2010 at 22:05
I didn't like an ASICS short sleeved T with zip I bought last year.  The corners of the unzipped neck (hard to explain but I know what I mean) constantly rubbed my neck and were impossible to lay flat and the panel stitching over the shoulders rubbed when sweating.  
Wore it twice and i'll never wear it again.  As a result I stay away from ASICS shirts.

2nd thing I didn't like was the Nike+ watch thingy.  No light, poor display and impossible to calibrate to within any degree of accuracy.  It's currently keeping my ASICS T-shirt company in my draw.
29/01/2010 at 22:08
Some adidas running gloves - rubbish.
29/01/2010 at 22:13
The old style Helly Hanson tops..bought several and then found out why everyone called them "Smelly Hellys", wear them more than once and the smell of stale sweat never leaves them. Still the new ones are loads better.
cougie    pirate
29/01/2010 at 22:50
I love my hellys ! Had mine for years and not smelly at all !
29/01/2010 at 22:53

Do you find people give you a wide berth when you wear them Cougs?

I am talking about the ones I had about 10-12 years ago

30/01/2010 at 08:32
North face Vitesse Fuse short sleeve Shirt..... sooooo uncomfortable to run in it just wasn`t funny, returned it the very next day... 
30/01/2010 at 08:57
You need to sweat in them first, Cougs ...
30/01/2010 at 13:22
HA HA - smellyhellys - spot on. Mine are always DISGUSTING. Have given up completely and moved to smartwool stuff which is a revelation.

31/01/2010 at 15:23

The smartwool helly top I bought came out of the washing machine peppered by lots of tiny holes... looked like it had been eaten by a mouse.

Generally any running top or bottoms without a zipped pocket gets the thumbs down from me.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.