The Trail Shoe Choice

help

21 to 28 of 28 messages
19/10/2012 at 14:40
Dankholes wrote (see)

Can't find a pair cheap at the mo, the cheapest I've found is £70.  Ricardo, have you found any cheaper on line or are the ones you speak of through a friend??

Mine weren't as cheap as that lol, where'd you find those?

Edited: 19/10/2012 at 14:41
19/10/2012 at 15:07
Try amazon. That's where I got mine.
19/10/2012 at 16:22

How do people find their trail shoes on smooth rocky surfaces?

I have Mizuno Cabrakan 3's and whilst they are fine on mud, grass and gravel surfaces I slip and slide on smooth rocks. Earlier this week I went flying and almost ended up in the river. 20 yards further I went down again and ended up with a cut knee. I know rocks and wet timber can get really greasy so don't know if I'm asking too much of my shoes.

Blisters    pirate
20/10/2012 at 00:05

I just love my Innov8 shoes. They are the best thing bar none for running downhill on wet grass, and have cushioning too for hard surfaces or roads. Mixed surfaces is what I understand cross country should be about. However, deep gloopy mud is when the spikes come into their own. I got mine cheap and second hand, ex track spikes, and just screwed a set of longer pins in.

The Innov8s may not be cheap, but they are good. Of course, they won't wear out as fast as road shoes either.

20/10/2012 at 01:09

I'm with Blisters - Inov8 roclite 295s are just great on rock, mud and trail. I'm on the third pair.

20/10/2012 at 08:14

My Oroc 280`s are great on wet rocky/wooden surfaces thanks to those little dob spikes, have to say these shoes have been a bit of a revelation..

22/10/2012 at 08:49

So i christened my X-Talons yesterday. Such an amazing shoe! Where my pal was slipping, i had outstanding grip. So far, i cannot fault this shoe

23/10/2012 at 23:22

Following all the rave reviews of Innov8 shoes from people on the forum I decided to look further. I noticed my local outdoor shop had some Roclite 315s and they seemed very comfy, however looking at reviews around the net I saw that people said they were not great on wet rocks. As the Roclite 295 has the sticky rubber sole and seems not to have this problem I have ordered a pair of these instead.

It also seems that a lot of people use them for trail walking, which is an added bonus. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.