Tight/Lycra Shorts

21 to 25 of 25 messages
01/01/2013 at 16:12

I have enjoyed this thread; particularly the lycra = f'ing pervert comment. My wife has bought me a pair of lycra running bottoms and I cannot say I am jumping into them. This is despite wearing lycra cycling stuff for years. I think people think I am weird because I train in all weathers, cycle to work when I have a perfectly good car and run marathons.... what I wear whilst doing it is the icing on the cake. As far as compression wear is concerned, I started wearing it because someone I respect wears it. In my last race one sock slipped down and the lactic acid burned just that calf??? Not only that the calf continued to hurt for a few days after wheras the other did not???? This means I need compression socks that do not fall down! I also wear it after a run as it helps with recovery.

And +1 for what is wrong with looking gay? As George said, "Gay means happy!"

cougie    pirate
01/01/2013 at 16:24

I realised this year that I seem to be the only bloke wearing lycra shorts in the gym I go to. I'm not bothered - they work really well and its better than wearing fashion clothes for working out. I mean seriously - why wear sequinned teeshirts and glittery baseball caps to work out in ? 

06/01/2013 at 23:10

Since I started runnning 7-ish years ago i've only ever worn lycra shorts. I think they are much more comfortable than 'normal' shorts but each to their own. Some people like baggy shorts, short shorts or lycra.

I'm currently in the Falklands training for the Stanley Marathon in March and as far as I can see i'm the only one wearing lycra. Bothered

10/01/2013 at 21:07

I wear 2 in 1 shorts, lycra with baggy outers and also run in full length tights in cold weather.... 

19/01/2013 at 22:26

I have some of the 2 in 1 shorts and like them a lot. I also have some Nike Tech Tight shorts which I prefer to be honest. I still haven't found a regular pair of baggy shorts that don't cause chaffing round the crotch.

Also, tights all the way in cold weather. Wear what works for you not what looks good. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.