timex bodylink

fantastic service...from a website....in the US

2 messages
07/12/2004 at 15:21
I am moved to post by a fantastic piece of service from the US website I bought a bodylink hrm/watch from in may.2 weeks ago the watch packed up,I contacted timex uk who said to mail it in and they'd look at it if I could provide proof of purchase-and it didn't matter if it was bought in the usa.Well,that was pretty helpful,especially relative to my very low expectations,but when I emailed the states to get them to mail me back a proof of purchase-cos mine is buried in a filing cabinet at home-they just said don't worry,they'd send a new watch if I mailed back the dud one.and before I could even get to the post office to get the dud in the post,I had notification that they had posted the new one,no questions asked.It arrived four days later-yesterday.so,for those of worried that a US website might give you great prices but slow delivery and no after sales service,I say,go and talk to Al at www.timexcentral.com....The original price was red hot too

I suppose I should be irritated about the watch going wrong,but luckily I still had the old one-I had upgraded to get the hrm functionality- and after a great effort like that,I really couldn't find grounds for complaint....

usual rider that I am completely unconnected to these guys...
08/12/2004 at 09:44
Hi Alex, I bought a rather expensive Rotary watch a few years ago and after about 18 months the gold plated bits on the braclet started to come of. I took it back to the shop and they said they'd send it away. I thought yeah, the guarantees gone and that'll be that. Anyway went back as arranged and the guy came out with a spanking new watch and told me that Rotary had sent a new watch to replace the old one. The best I was expecting was a new bracelet for it. So like you I was gobsmacked.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.