Timex Watches

4 messages
10/01/2009 at 11:47

I've been trawling various sites and forums to come up with a watch that suits my needs and I have decided on a Timex. I found a thread on this site that had the watch details but foolishly I didn't note the model and I can no longer find the thread.

It was a timex with enough split time recalls for running marathons. It also has an alarm function that you can use to run a session of varying speeds without needing to look at your wrist all the time. My understanding was that it would beep after a preset number of minutes (tempo run) and then give a different beep after a different number of minutes (recovery time)

There was no heart monitor or GPS or navigation aids or anything like that and it was less than £50 I think. Does anyone recognise this mdoel?

10/01/2009 at 15:20

I believe all of the timex ironman watches provide these features.There are several different models available.

I have an Ova midsize and have just ordered a Ironman Sleek to replace it. The rubber  of my pale blue strap has become discoloured by all the sweat so I'd recommend a darkish colour strap.

10/01/2009 at 20:58

Could be the Ironman 50 lap Sleek - usually £49.99 (cheaper at Argos sometimes though).

50 laps/splits for races plus has a single or a dual countdown timer for sessions.

10/01/2009 at 21:33

That's the one I've ordered.

I've ordered it from www.simplysportswatches.co.uk for £40.49 and free postage.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.