Torch for trail running?

any ideas?

8 messages
JD.    pirate
18/07/2009 at 10:52

I'm a bit fed up of spending the last hour of Ironman races running in the dark.  Also I'd like to make use of the trails where i live during the winter and the unlit roads.

I remember reading once about a really good light you could attach to a belt - belt mounted sounds better to me as i don't want to look like i'm going caving .  Does anyone know what it's called?  think it's circa £90.  Or does anyone have any other recommendations?

thanks for your help

JD.
cougie    pirate
18/07/2009 at 10:59
Dunno about the belt light but the alpkit gamma is a good head torch -4 different colours/leds.
Actually aldi had a head torch for a fiver the other week - that's prob good too.
18/07/2009 at 11:08
Another vote for the Alpkit Gamma head torch - I use it in winter for a towpath alongside a rather large river. At £15 incl duracell batteries, it's a steal.
18/07/2009 at 13:06
I use a headtorch.
I have used a belt torch, a chest strap torch and a leg torch!! They all seem to move with the body much more than a head torch does and then don't provide such a good view of the ground in front of you. IMHO!
18/07/2009 at 23:55
Get a Gamma, top product, super value for money.
JD.    pirate
19/07/2009 at 06:05
excellent, will get a gamma, thanks guys for the advice.
JD.
JD.    pirate
25/09/2009 at 15:54
well, the night is longer these days so it'll soon be time for a light if i'm gonna keep the morning runs going.  just got the alpkit gamma through.  can't believe how small it is!  will give it a go soon althought the "all the gear no idea" triathlete in me loves the idea of that petzl ultra torch!  paths i run on are pretty bad even in daylight so we'll see what it's like with the alpkit torch. 
Edited: 25/09/2009 at 15:55
JD.
JD.    pirate
25/09/2009 at 20:01
wow, i cannot believe how bright that alpkit torch is!  i'm amazed.  will no doubt be trying it out for real soon.
JD.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.