Tough Mudder, what shoes!?

7 messages
26/10/2012 at 13:16

Hello, has anyone run one of these before or something similar.

Trying to decide what shoes to wear, I don't really have any old shoes so debating buying some, do i....

A. buy the cheapest trainers I can find and sling aftyer the event.

B. invest in something I could use for trails and x-country.

I guess my question is how bad will my shoes be after!?

Thanks

Ross

26/10/2012 at 13:20

Oh and for option B I've been looking at either walsh fell's or Mizuno Wave Harrier's

26/10/2012 at 13:29

I'm doing this as well. Looking at the video I considered spikes for a while, but then that might result me doing someone else a serious injury.

So I'm just going to use my trail shoes and wear them in the bath after the race!

26/10/2012 at 13:54

Ok, so you think a good clean and all will be well!?

26/10/2012 at 13:57

Well, trail shoes are supposed to get dirty!

I have done some really muddy, boggy events before and a good soak in a bucket plus a bit of a scrub gets them surprisingly clean. 

If I knew how to use the washing machine, I might also be tempted to put them in for a quick spin when my wife was out!

26/10/2012 at 14:01

Haha ok so now juts retro Walsh's or sparkley Mizuno...

26/10/2012 at 16:42

i use salomons speedcross for my spartan/TM races, always do me well and a jet wash later they are good as..new? the reason i prefer them over the others for these is that you often get calf deep in mud and sludge, and chest deep in water, and the drawstring laces i feel are a safer option, many a person i have seen searching for their shoes that got pulled off in the mud.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.