Trail Shoes - Over pronate

9 messages
03/02/2013 at 16:39

Hi,

I am looking to buy my first pair of trail shoes and after some advice.

I am doing several XC events this year and after using normal running shoes in the past (slipping all over the place) I thought i would get the proper gear.

My road running shoes are Asics GT-2170 which provide good support as I overpronate and was hoping to get similar.

I understand that most trail shoes are lower profile with less cusioning due to the intended terrain but not sure what that means for me.

So far I have been looking at

• Inov-8 Roclite 243
  • Inov-8 Roclite 315
  • Salomon XR Crossmax Guidance 

I have been into a few local shops i.e. Sweatshop and Snow and Rock and got pretty poor assistance

any help would be appreciates

Thanks 

03/02/2013 at 17:31

my understanding is that overpronation, or indeed anything else, is not an issue with trail shoes because you want your feet to grip the surface closely (as per xc spikes). that said, Asics do do a trail shoe for slight overpronators - which might be a good option if they fit you well. (I slightly overpronate and run in Asics, but i run trails in Adizeros without any issues - they were the best fit)

03/02/2013 at 17:58

Thanks, I have heard similar from a friend so good to hear that from someone else.

03/02/2013 at 22:09

Concur. I`m getting by fine with Adidas Kanadias even though I over pronate a fair bit.

04/02/2013 at 09:59

Thanks Eqyptian Toe, I will take a look at them

06/02/2013 at 12:53
Nathan Deane wrote (see)

My road running shoes are Asics GT-2170 which provide good support as I overpronate and was hoping to get similar.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/gear/trail-shoe-help-please/239084.html#10267849

"Fuji Trabuco" is the current Asics trail equivalent.

My other half uses Adidas Kanadias and she likes those and they can often be found cheap in the likes of Sports Direct.

06/02/2013 at 20:33
Agree with BaldBloke. Adidas adizeros, my xt3's are ace! And I overpronate as well.
22/02/2013 at 09:47

I use Adidas Kandidas for trail running, haven't had them too long but they're comfy and a good fit. I over pronate too, I use Brook Adrenaline GTS's for road running.

22/02/2013 at 10:53

thanks really helpful- i'm an overpronator who wears Brooks Adrenalines normally so i'll check out the kanadias....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.