Trail shoes

Decathlon any good?

3 messages
30/08/2012 at 09:14

I'm thinking of doing an event in September - three days along coastal paths with every kind of surface from firm and flat to steep gradient and swampy.

There's a Decathlon in town here. The prices are right for their trail shoes but are they any good?

About trail shoes, I know nothing.

30/08/2012 at 09:59

my missus has an old pair of Decathlon trail shoes - maybe 5 years old now - they've seen her around a few off-road runs and events including Beachy Head marathon a couple of times.  I think she would say they're OK but probably not so good for mud - she uses some Inov8's for that.

and I think Decathlon sell Salomon X-Wings off roaders?? pricier but probably better for what you need

30/08/2012 at 18:40

I live on the coast and spend most of my time running the coast path. I use Inov8 Rocklite 315's I am on my 3rd pair. Not particularly expensive, last a long time, are grippy and are very 'multi-terrain'.  Superb

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.