undercrackers

what to wear on long runs (men)

41 to 48 of 48 messages
01/10/2009 at 18:14
I'm the same as all the other blokes on here - commando with running shorts that have wicking liner in but, when I wear my 2XU compression tights, I wear tight wicking boxers without any problems at all.  I'd go commando in my tights but as they're anti-bacterial, I try not to, ahem, wash them much...
01/10/2009 at 21:32
There's built-in liners and there's built-in liners. My expensive Nike shorts, with the longer cut for modest gents such as myself, have a soft silken liner that is very easy on the old chap and his spherical companions. My cheapo Aldi shorts are also long enough to prevent leg chafing ... however .... the liner is comfy enough but somewhat coarser material. Which means that when I got soaked in a downpour they clung and, ahem, scraped and chafed a little. A lot, actually. I did not enjoy the shower afterwards.
02/10/2009 at 00:02
Oooh nasty, Muttley. The liners do vary in quality, like the seams of running tights... Some have nice diamond gussets; comfy for going commando, while others have a 'jeans' seam that leave little to the imagination, and they bliddy hurt!
A friend of mine suffers terribly with chafing when she runs as she has large thighs. I can only sympathise as she tells me of the pain endured during the 'shower dance'.
02/10/2009 at 12:54
Surely wearing cycling shorts under your regular shorts makes you REALLY hot? I get hot enough in just a vest and shorts and women's tight hipster-style knicker-shorts things
03/02/2012 at 14:45
i get it on a regular basis due to having to be warm in the winter cos i work outdoors but then work indoors in the same shift so end up sweating quite abit u lot talk about the shower dance have u ever considered people who only have a bath (like me) ooohh man the pain i need to get summat for it drastically
04/02/2012 at 23:33

The Decathlon undies work for me. They are way better than the Decathlon lycra shorts which are way too stretchy and don't provide the support a fellow needs when he is every inch a man.

So it's Decthlon undies under Aldo running tousers (tights are for girls and Shakespearen actors). \Wearing Stanley Matthews shorts over Lycra is a step too far. 

Regular undies have  seams that can wreak havoc as I discovered from cycling a lot. It's like running an angle grinder over areas you hold dear.

05/02/2012 at 10:40
Commando in running tights for me, and much disgust it causes from my wife. Back in the days when the sun rose for more than ten minutes per day, I wore Nike shorts with a liner - they were fine too. Cotton boxers sound like a bad plan.

Wasn't there a bloke running naked a year or two ago? Ok, so he got arrested for it, but I bet he didn't get chafing, maybe just a bit of sunburn...
05/02/2012 at 12:30
dont suppose it would go down too well naked at work lol

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 48 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.