Vibrams

Are they worth it?

21 to 24 of 24 messages
06/01/2012 at 07:33
Good to hear that the run on the dreadmill went well. I guess if you build up slowly as you're doing - it may work wonders for you.
15/01/2013 at 10:39

Large selection of Vibrams on sale at Sports Pursuit if anyone is looking to buy.

http://www.sportpursuit.com/join/grantyoung_1b8a4f

15/01/2013 at 10:53

ive walked in vibrams for 4 years, but i never ran in them much beyond chasing the kid round the park. i do run barefoot these days (new balance miniumus zero on road, merrell trailglove for mixed terrain/trails) but that was after a year or more in a 4mm drop shoe and then even after all the years walking zero drop and running in low drop, i still spent 3 months building up to zerodrop shoes, most people ive spoken with about it think its the soles of your feet that need adusting, but if you run anyway they are pretty tough, its the calf that you feel it most, 1st few runs and they are on fire, once that goes though it felt to me at least, like i'd been given a tune up, i felt more efficient and fatigue over long distances affects me far less, this may perhaps be a phychological thing though, knowig i cant get sloppy on form and heel strike, who knows, it doesnt matter if it is.

My 4mm drop shoes were the GoRun's from Sketchers, more than anything they helped me improve my form and i stopped heel striking 100%, 
switching to zero drop has improved my times, form and recovery times etc, I dont think its for everyone, and a lot of the hardcore barefoot people come out with some pretty questionable science/myths, but for me its much more enjoyable, and my running is much better,

I still dont run in my five fingers, (i own classics and sprints) because when i have, i've on occasion got a stone or bit of wood etc stuck between the toes and you have to stop to remove it because it drives you mad, there are plenty of (far cheaper too) vibram soled shoes with zero drop and minimal to no cushioning with very wide but closed toe box's, the merrell bare range are brilliant, very very durable, i think you'd be unlucky to get under 1000 miles out of a trailglove, 

Edited: 15/01/2013 at 11:05
15/01/2013 at 17:36
I picked up a pair of vivo barefoots for 35 quid, about a third of the price of 5 fingers.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.