Waist Pack Options

Something similar to the OMM Ultra?

4 messages
13/06/2012 at 07:42

Looking for suggestions for waist packs - I've got an OMM Ultra 6 that has been fantastic, but the bottle holder has started to rip away from the mesh. Going to take it back to the shop I got it from, and hopefully get a replacement. 

However, I've got a trail half marathon in a week and a half, and on the possibility that I might need to get a new pack in the mean time, can anyone suggest something similar that they've found to be good?

It needs to have a bottle holder (or two would be nice). I've seen the Osprey Talon 8 on t'net, but it looks quite tall, and one of the things I like about the OMM pack is that it doesn't go too far up my back. Also needs to have front pockets so I can get to gels etc, on the go. The capacity of the OMM is about right too, I wouldn't want to go any smaller...

13/06/2012 at 13:19

I've got the OMM 3 which I've found to be great but has no bottle holder.

I also have the Inov-8 race elite 3 which does have a bottle holder and is equally good and also the race elite 2 but I guess that's too small for you.

13/06/2012 at 22:08

Thanks Pete - as it turns out, Sweatshop quite happily exchanged for another Ultra 6, so I'm good to go. Innov-8 Race Elite 3 sounds interesting mind.

13/06/2012 at 22:16
Well glad you're sorted. I can recommend the inov-8s if you ever want something smaller. The OMM is ok but I only ever use it for fell races as I can't get all the obligatory kit into the inov-8 ones!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.