Waist pack

11 messages
10/05/2011 at 20:37
Hello people, was wondering if anybody can recommend a good quality waist pack to carry energy gels and maybe a phone.i am running the edinburgh marathon and need to carry about 6 gels. i have a camelback with the reservoir removed but the straps rub after a few miles so dont want to use that. i am after a close fitting belt so it doesnt bounce cos that would just be annoying. any advice would be grand, thank ryan
10/05/2011 at 21:32

I've been running with the Nathan Trek waistpack.  You would manage 6 gels in the pocket of it.  I usually carry 5 plus some compeed, my key and ipod.  It has good back padding and adjustable strap so you can get it nice and tight and easy to tighten/loosen on the go as need be.  You can always just take out the water bottle if you don't want to run with it.

http://www.nathansports.com/our-products/hydrationnutrition/waist-paks/trek
11/05/2011 at 10:27
Hi5 and SiS both do gel belts that will hold up to 6 gels and also have a small pouch for things like keys, phone, some money etc. less than a tenner.

if you find the pouch section bouncing an easy solution is to stick that bit down the back of your shorts - the gels stay outside. I've run a couple of marathons like that and had no problems.

bottle/bladder belts are fine for training but in races where fluid is supplied you don't need to use one - a gel belt will do the trick
11/05/2011 at 11:56
Nathan running belt. Amazing. The elasticated waist bit means it is really stable and doesn't jog up and down on your hips. I love it. I have one that holds 2 bottles and one that holds 4.
11/05/2011 at 11:58
I've just bought a SiS gel belt from my local Tesco for £7.99, seems ok and the the advise about sticking the pouch down the back of your shorts is spot on.
11/05/2011 at 18:04
I have a SIS belt from Tescos as well. Lightweight, can fit my phone in the pouch, and fit shot bloks / gels in the elastic section. Job done
11/05/2011 at 19:58
Thanks people, ive just been and bought an SIS Gel belt from tescos, its a little tight but ive only myself to blame for that. Im going to go out and test it tonight, 5 miles with 8 energy gels strapped round my waist, il just tell people im running really far if they look at me funny. Thanks for the info guys
11/05/2011 at 22:52
Hey I've never even seen these SIS gel belts in Tescos. I think I'm due a trip to Tesco to check it out!
12/05/2011 at 07:04
They are next to all the protein shakes and weights in the sports section for wannabe meatheads
13/05/2011 at 10:11
haha wannabe meatheads....  I go to Body Pump at my gym as part of my cross training and there are a lot of them in the class!!!
13/05/2011 at 10:24

I'm another Nathan user.  A neoprene no-bounce waist pack with two pockets - £5.14 delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Nathan-Neoprene-Waist-Pack-3-COLOURS-AVAILABLE-/280631610717?pt=UK_TravelTickets_Accessories_RL&var=&hash=item870bd720c4

Edited: 13/05/2011 at 10:26

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.