Washing Tech Gear

There must be a solution!

21 to 32 of 32 messages
15/01/2014 at 13:12

within 2 mins of the run start...one tends to be sweaty anyway...so i tend to just dismiss the fact that there was a minor residual odour when I put the kit on.

15/01/2014 at 13:34

I don't sweat because I am a lady. But as mentioned on the other thread, I stick a scoop of napisan in with my normal detergent and that does the job (and is cheap). I only do laundry about once a week so the week's worth of kit goes in with everything else with no problem.

15/01/2014 at 21:51

I use a sports wash from Sainsburys on a 40 degree baby clothes wash cycle. i only wash the gym/run gear together. I find that normal tablets don't get the sweat out. My compression gear has been fine so far and kept its shape etc. 

16/01/2014 at 06:34

Halo - sports wash that you can buy in the supermarket. I love it. Prior to using it I'd sometimes find that my kit still felt whiffy, and would notice it if dried indoors. Wash at 30C and it's grand now, even after a couple do days in the wash basket. 

http://www.halononbio.co.uk/halo-sports

16/01/2014 at 20:44

Another vote for halo sports wash and if you can't get it (never could where I used to live) then Ariel hygiene also works. I found some of my stuff had an odd sweet sort of smell which is probably bacteria and sweat related. It wasn't horrible just not right.

21/01/2014 at 21:20

Halo worked well for me, but my local Sainsburys and Tescos stopped stocking it for a while. Hence I have switched to Dettol laundry cleanser which just goes in the softener compartment along wit have normal detergent. Basically you just need something to kill the pesky bacteria that cause the smells in the first place, which is probably why napisan works as well.

23/01/2014 at 13:07

Just run fast and the smell will be blown away as the air rushes past you.

23/01/2014 at 14:44

I ran behind a parkrunner lady once who I can only say smelt of meat. I made sure I was in front of her from then on.

23/01/2014 at 15:42

Perhaps she'd come straight form the abattoir? 

23/01/2014 at 16:58

I find the technical fabrics have a certain whiff to them full stop, no matter what they're washed in. I wash mine all together (apart from the white ones) and definitely NO fabric conditioner as this reduces absorbency.

23/01/2014 at 17:01

It wasn't you at the parkrun was it, Shazmo?

02/02/2014 at 16:07

Use biological powder, it has enzymes to remove bacteria. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.