Wave Rider 7

Blisters on bottom of forefoot

5 messages
12/09/2004 at 11:22
Decided to start my own thread so if you have read this before sorry! I have just been for a 6 mile run in my new Rider 7's. At about 5 miles the bottom of my feet started to feel sore. When I got home and looked at my feet there are the beginnings of blisters on the bottom of both forefeet corresponding with the bumps of the innersole. I am really annoyed as I thought I had found my perfect running shoe as the other problems I had seem much better since switching to the Rider. I have done a couple of 3-4 mile runs with no problems. I know I could switch the inners but would this change the workings of the shoe? I have inners from the Nike pegasus, Asics gel cumulus and 2090's should I swap or would a different sock make a difference. Are the 1000 mile blister free socks really that good? Any comments greatly appreciated.
12/09/2004 at 17:14
Have exactly the same problem! I have been battling with my riders for about 8 weeks now and they show no signs of wearing in. I have finally resigned myself to the fact that there is no way I can do a half-marathon in them in two weeks time so have resorted back to adidas response in desparation!
13/09/2004 at 11:57
Swapping your inners is a good idea, it's not going to alter anything in the shoes, choose the one with the best fit. Proper socks should help. Not a big fan of 1000mile, prefer Hilly twin skins. Cushioned socks are better for me - Thorlos, Hilly padded training work best for me. Hope this helps
13/09/2004 at 12:44
Used to get blister on my right foot with Wave Rider 6s but no problems at all with the 7s which I love. That said, I agree with kanichan and wear Thorlos
13/09/2004 at 15:00
Thanks people, I think I'll try changing my inners first. I have never had blisters before with the socks I'm using. I must admit the inners all fit pretty well but the Asics 2090 corresponds most to the Riders with a more pronounced arch. I suppose the only way to find out if I still feel as good in the shoe with different inners is to try and see. I really want to get this sorted as I am doing a 10km race at the weekend and it is my first since a foot injury in May. I seem to have been struggling ever since to feel quite right and I do feel the correct shoe will help.
Fingers crossed.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.