What type of shoes?

5 messages
18/08/2012 at 15:18

Hi.

I am 5'7 and 15stone, so I am quite a lump lol! According to the "wet foot test", I overpronate aswell. Am I right in believing, I will need motion control style trainers?

18/08/2012 at 15:19

EDIT..... Thanks.

20/08/2012 at 09:33

Hard to say. The wet foot test has been shown to have no useful correlation with gait, so i wouldn't worry about it.

20/08/2012 at 10:30

Hello, the best thing you could do is get your gait analysed at somewhere like Sweatshop. Basically they get you to run on a treadmill then have a look at a video replay to pick up any strange things you may do while running and not realise it. I definately recommend trying that (its free) even if you decide not to buy any of the shoes it'll give you a few ideas.

20/08/2012 at 11:42
Jiminey wrote (see)

Hello, the best thing you could do is get your gait analysed at somewhere like Sweatshop. Basically they get you to run on a treadmill then have a look at a video replay to pick up any strange things you may do while running and not realise it. I definately recommend trying that (its free) even if you decide not to buy any of the shoes it'll give you a few ideas.

+1. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.