What underwear to wear whilst running?

Bit odd and personal but need advice!

21 to 40 of 40 messages
19/02/2013 at 15:05
Wilkie wrote (see)

Less stuff to wash, too 

i don't know how you work that one out.

it means you have to wash your shorts/tights every time instead of just your pants.

19/02/2013 at 15:12

You don't wash your sweaty shorts as well? Yeuch!

But anyway, running bottoms all made from quick drying fabric and are about *that* big when you screw them up so what's the big deal about washing them anyway?

XX1
19/02/2013 at 15:13
I run in the buff but use body paint to put myself in a pair of shorts... I don't think anybody ever notices.
XX1
19/02/2013 at 15:18
Screamapillar wrote (see)

i do tend to as I run in shorts with linings but I don't think I would if I wore pants.

technically I don't wash them anyway, i leave them lying on the floor after a run and they magically re-appear in the drawer all clean and fresh a day or two later.

19/02/2013 at 15:21
skotty wrote (see)

i do tend to as I run in shorts with linings but I don't think I would if I wore pants.

technically I don't wash them anyway, i leave them lying on the floor after a run and they magically re-appear in the drawer all clean and fresh a day or two later.

They wouldn't if you lived in my house Skotty

seren nos    pirate
19/02/2013 at 15:24
skotty wrote (see)

They wouldn't if you lived in my house Skotty

nor in my house.......and if Skotty didn't put his entire running kit in the wash after every run...then he wouldn't live long in my house either

19/02/2013 at 15:36

i didn't realise how lucky I am.

19/02/2013 at 20:14

But anyway, running bottoms all made from quick drying fabric and are about *that* big when you screw them up so what's the big deal about washing them anyway?

I wash mine when I do laundry, but I run nearly every day and I don't do laundry that often. I don't own six pairs of running tights, either.

At the risk of over-sharing, I do wear pants when running, but usually, er, yesterday's discarded ones from the laundry basket. They're only going to get sweaty anyway, no point wasting a clean pair.

I think I might have just worked out why I'm single. 

XX1
20/02/2013 at 13:21
Rubber underpants are handy, in case you get the trots
XX1
20/02/2013 at 17:05

I use the Skins A200 half tights under shorts (race ready). Theyre realy comfortable, dont rub and they keep everything in place and stationary.....if you know what I mean

22/02/2013 at 22:23

i wear regular girly pants  - but mine are VPL free  full briefs  - very thin stretchy fabric - they are comfy  - despite their claim for no VPL  you can see them a tiny bit through lycra - but i don't care  - and i guess not as visible as regular pants 

i haven't  tried commando style - its just not me - and rather interestingly agree on the laundry aspects posted above  - clean undies are for after running after showering! sweating undies then go in  laundry  - shorts/leggings/joggers  - whatever i wore on bottom half will prob be worn at least 2-3 times before washing TBH because  a quick 40 min run doesn't need freshly laundered  clothing IMO and with my families demands on the washing machine  - i like to think i'm helping save energy lol 

23/02/2013 at 18:06

m&s shorts which are vpl free

23/02/2013 at 18:09

ferbreeze is good for freshening up sports gear saves washing

23/02/2013 at 18:13

I wear stuff, I wash it.

I couldn't even think of wearing running gear that hadn't been washed since the last run.

I have three pairs of running tights, that gives me plenty of time to wash them before they are needed - even if I ran every day!

24/02/2013 at 16:34
+1 for M&S no VLP ones- my favourite, but I've run in all kinds, including thong and cotton boxer shorts. Not a great choice. Haven't tried commando, some tights like skins are too see -through for this option.
24/02/2013 at 16:43

Couldn't give a stuff about VPL..

Must admit in the winter I get a couple of goes out of tights. I figure if I run 5 one day then 5 the next what's the difference than running 10 in one go. Tops and undies only one go.

Summer is different!

24/02/2013 at 19:25
I use Nike underwear,really soft shorts like a tight boxer short or cycle short,and it helps prevent inner thigh rub too
seren nos    pirate
24/02/2013 at 19:29
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

I sometimes go commando but I end up with bruises on the side of my knees...

if you do wear white shorts commando without shaving your arse then people are going to give you a right kicking....no wonder you have bruises

02/03/2013 at 22:14
A thong definitely, it's loads more comfortable and you don't get any chafing from the seams inside your leggings.....
05/03/2013 at 22:27
Triathlon shorts under regular running shorts. Stop chafing and prevent everything bouncing about but don't look out of place.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 40 of 40 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.