Which type of shoe?

And what's the difference?

2 messages
26/01/2005 at 13:07
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have only been running casually for the last 2 years.

I have started running on The Ridgeway (close to where I live)and would like to get some shoes more suitable to this terrain though am confused by what type I should get.

Could somebody explain the difference between a cross country shoe, an off-road shoe, a trail shoe and a fell running shoe? The terrain on The Ridgeway is hilly and has some tracks from vehicles and footpaths.

Thanks in advance.
26/01/2005 at 13:24
Oh you live near me then!!

I can't explain the difference to you but I'm sure if you went to a proper running shop they would be able to get you the right shoe for the terrain and your running action. I got my road shoes from "The Sweat Shop" in Reading (it's just down the road from the railway station)they were really helpful in there.

Happy running!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.