Will Trainers be ok after standing on Glass?

5 messages
pja
07/04/2012 at 06:50
I've Just been out for an easy 5 miles, breaking in a new pair of trainers for London in two weeks, and my mind wandered and I ran through parts of a broken bottle. After a few steps i could hear something was stuck on heel, so stopped to look and found a rather large piece of glass, approx 1.5cm, stuck in the heel of my trainers.
I removed it, and although there is no part of the sole missing and it all feels as firm as the other shoe, i was wondering if the shoe will be ok.

Im probably worrying about nothing, but was wondering what others, more knowledgeable, think.

Thanks
cougie    pirate
07/04/2012 at 07:06
What shoes are they ? I have heard of people popping their Nikes (and clogs) as they have air bubbles as part of their design. But it sounds like yours are ok.
pja
07/04/2012 at 07:30
Thanks for reply. Theyre asics 2160 and although they do have a visible air section it appears undamaged, so hopefully they'll be ok.
I think, with two weeks to go, I'm just getting a bit nervous and anxious for things not to go wrong.
Edited: 07/04/2012 at 07:43
07/04/2012 at 10:41
I didn't think that shoes had air pockets nowadays.  They sometimes have clear sections, but I thought they were solid.  Most of the cushioning comes from the foam rubber so I wouldn't think that that will be damaged by the puncture.
07/04/2012 at 12:37
Classic case of taper madness kicking in....must remember that one for myself ;0)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.