Winter gear recommendations

not too expensive!

21 to 23 of 23 messages
01/12/2011 at 06:38
helly hansen merino base layer.
06/12/2011 at 16:46
What footwear is recommended for wet/slippy conditions? I normally run in Mizuno wave nexus 4s but don't think they'll be cut out for when the snow and ice really hits!
09/12/2011 at 10:06

I don't get all these people that don't like waterproof jackets, maybe I am just not a sweaty person, or maybe i am just running too slow to get sweaty!!!

I love my goretex jacket, it's great! I wore it out last night in the wind and rain, took it off when i got to the car and I was dry underneath! Also everything I stash in my pockets stays dry!!! I also wore it in the summer in really heavy rain and it wasn't too bad, just had to open the zip every so often to let air in!!! I'd rather be out and have a jacket that can be tied around my waist if not needed than not have one at all, especially on long runs!

If it's not wet I just wear a normal windproof one though  Personally I would rather wear a jacket with a t shirt than lots of layers

I do actually have thermal tights too but I would only weare these if it gets below 5C, my bum and thights get cold then!!!

Edited: 09/12/2011 at 10:08

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.