WINTER gear...

what do I need?

3 messages
26/08/2004 at 19:38
Hi all!
I've only started running this past summer and it's been gloriously hot where I live so I haven't had to think about winter gear. However I'm about to move back to good old London and I plan to continue to train through winter, and I realised that I have no idea as to what gear I need for winter or where to buy them! Help!!??
sluggie    pirate
26/08/2004 at 22:05
have a look at the www.girlsruntoo.com website as they have a lot of lovely winter gear in the sale (sadly a lot of the popular sizes have already gone...). I'd definitely recommend a pair of long tights (fleecy ones if you feel the cold) and a long-sleeved top. I always find I get too hot in a rain jacket but I bought a waterproof/windproof gilet last year and it was hardly ever off my back - best single thing I've ever bought (Concurve do nice ones)
26/08/2004 at 22:14
Hi Yogagirl, just seen your question. Definitely agree with sluggie, I'll go from shorts to tights when it gets a bit colder. I think thin layers on top is the best advice, certainly long-sleeved. Don't know where you'll be in London, but if central try Run and Become (Victoria) or London City Runners (St Pauls). Good luck!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.