Winter Jacket ?

5 messages
19/11/2011 at 17:17

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good jacket for winter marathon training. Ideally waterproof, windproof and breathable.

Plenty out there but just wondering if anyone has a particular one they swear by.

Thanks

19/11/2011 at 17:53
You can't buy such a wondrous garment. Breathable and waterproof cant be had for running.
19/11/2011 at 18:37
What Rick says... they haven't invented a fabric that is breathable enough to stop a runner ending up soggy inside their jacket. I wear a long sleeve thermal top and a windproof gillet. If it rains I get wet.
19/11/2011 at 20:45
Totaly agree - you can not stay dry so the important thing is to stay warm. I usually just go for a thermal HH top and a windproof over the top to keep the chill off.
20/11/2011 at 09:06
I thought I was being to demanding. Nevermind, thanks for the suggestions. Thermals and windproof it is then.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.