Women and running kit?

2 messages
31/12/2004 at 13:17
Why is it that when I walk into a sport shop there is hundreds of choice for men and a little section in the corner for women.

Do retailers not think that women run too?

I went to the Adidas shop in London the other day and I found one pair of running leggings for women in the whole shop!

Was in Sweatshop yesterday and they are better but still not as much choice as mens kit at all.

Think retailers need to start to understand that women do sport too.
31/12/2004 at 16:11
It's because less women do sport than men statistically and as a women you can wear some men's stuff.

For example half my ron hills are men's, half my trainers are men's, half my shorts are men's and the majority of my long sleeve running tops are men's. This is mainly because:
1. If it's cheap and it fits I will buy it.
2. If I have a choice I will not buy clothes in pink, baby blue and lavender

Also I have wide feet so it less hassle for me to wear men's trainers and make sure I tie them up around the ankles properly. The extra space around the ankles was actually a blessing recently when I had to wear ankle strapping to run in.

I generally buy my stuff online however I have noticed that if I go to say sweatshop and see certain women's tops on sale they will still be there 3 weeks later thereas the men's stuff would have gone.

However I have noticed that the sports shops such as lilywhites in central london are very bad for stock. Last summer I wanted a pair of cycling shorts and couldn't find any so I had to buy them online.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.