women's jacket n tees - advice please

4 messages
09/09/2008 at 23:48

Just getting back into running again and I need advice on gear.

Having (err...em) put on a bit of weight and being busty I'm struggling to find suitable running clothes for women. I was thinking about buying men's jackets but they don't fit properly.

Living in Glasgow I need good waterproofs...any advice?

20/09/2008 at 18:45

Hi Joolz, check out dorunning (cant remember if its .com or .co.uk), ive bought their waterproof jacket, think i bought a large or xlarge and its really roomy round the boobs! not used it yet but think it only cost about £20 compared to other which were much more expensive!

I find adidas and ronhill tops have plenty of room in the chest too, its my hips that cause me the problems, everything is tight round them!

21/09/2008 at 15:16

Cheers for that wil have a lookat the website.

Aye, it's hard being a woman runner as we've got bits n bobs that blokes don't need to think about. At least all this running will hopefully make our giggly bits a bit smaller . I have found Adidas bottoms a bit better than others and supportive as well.

But as always enjoy your curves.

J

21/09/2008 at 17:12

It really is! Cant wait til I stop feeling my bum wiggling about when I run!  Its a horrible reminder its there!!  I bought adidas bottoms but they are ones im going to have to slim into (you know what like!)!  I wear Ronhill Shape Capri's they are brilliant and high waisted, wiggle.com are selling them for £19.99 in the sale at the moment, theyre designed to flatter a curvy figure, i find that their sizes are realistic aswell.  wiggle is a brilliant website, ive spent a fortune on there!

Oh yes definately, my boyfriend keeps telling me I better not get too skinny...although doubtful that would happen!

Good luck!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.