Womens running shoes for Overpronation

6 messages
22/07/2014 at 14:15

I have recently found out I have low arches and so am looking for some running shoes which will support my arches and also prevent over-pronation. Having spent hours trawling the internet and getting nowhere I feel like I am just going round in circles - all the technical jargon is just completely confusing! What specific features should I be looking for? Can anyone recommend any suitable trainers?

As they seem to be quite expensive I don’t want to make the wrong decision and end up wasting money and also damaging my knees (I have had problems with my knees in the past due to the over-pronation). Looking to spend up to a maximum of £80 if this is possible.

Thanks

22/07/2014 at 16:02
Go to a proper running shop and get some advice from them.
they should be able to have a look at how you run and suggest a suitable shoe.

Whe was it that told youyou have low arches?
22/07/2014 at 16:33

Long story but basically I hurt my back a while ago lifting a heavy object and so was going to a Chiropractor for that - she said I have low arches and now wear insoles in my shoes to support my arches.

22/07/2014 at 16:56

You still want to go a good running shop, be watched on a treadmill and then test some (again on the treadmill).

Shoes that are great for one person could be agony for you.

23/07/2014 at 09:43

Which shops would people recommend to go to in the Manchester area? Also what are the main features I should be looking for in this type of trainer?

26/07/2014 at 12:03

Pop in here - they should have the knowledge you need http://www.runnersneed.com/store-manchester-chill-factore/content/fcp-content 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.