Y-Fumble Armbands

anyone used them?

5 messages
03/04/2013 at 12:26

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience using the Y-Fumble armbands while running? I'm looking for a running armband thingy for my iPhone (I've got the 4S) when I try out new routes on holiday. I've got a terrible sense of direction, so it would be handy to have access to a map/ way to call Mountain Rescue when I end up stranded 

www.y-fumble.com

I thought the Y-Fumble would be a good choice because I could it for other things when I don't need to carry the phone, but does it really work? Does the phone stay secure in the pouch or fly out?

Thanks in advance!

04/04/2013 at 00:22

I have one but found I was fumbling a lot getting stuff in or out. Have a SPIbelt and use it a lot, it's like a Tardis though I sometimes have to fiddle a bit with the internal arrangements of the contents to stop bounce (really not much, but in the spirit of full disclosure this did happen last week).

I have now learned the expensive way NOT to carry electronics in a sports bra unless in a sealed waterproof bag :/

04/04/2013 at 11:17

Thanks for the feedback! Did you find that the y-fumble kept your phone secure, even if it was a pain to get stuff in and out of it?

Will keep in mind the tip about not carrying stuff in sports bras

04/04/2013 at 11:48

I got a £2.99 armband off eBay.

Only problem with it was that there wasn't enough of the hook kind of velcro, but I picked some of the sewable stuff up for 50p and did a 5 minute tinker with it. Works great now.

06/04/2013 at 20:08

Yes - but of course the issue is stopping it going flying when you try to get it out, Iyswim. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.