You need new shoes when...

7 messages
02/02/2004 at 18:59
I was running along today when I noticed a draft around my toes. My shoes have been letting in water for a while but this was something new. Anyway when I turned them up - I could see the underside of my big toe visible through a hole that had worn through the rubber, through the midsole, through the suede and finally through my sock.

I suppose I'll have to buy a new pair after only a 1,000 miles !
02/02/2004 at 20:11
whattt!!!!
02/02/2004 at 21:03
Only a few miles then!

I bet you're someone who suffers none or few injuries too?!
02/02/2004 at 21:07
of course he is - he's a minimalist shoe - non-heel striker - his body knows how to absorb shock.
And midsole deformation after 400M is hardly a reason to but new shoes when your shoe has littl or no midsole... :-)
02/02/2004 at 21:59
Good news - I don't need a new pair just yet as I've just found another pair of socks in my drawer :-)
02/02/2004 at 22:00
LOL - funny, but probably true... :-D
03/02/2004 at 11:39
I've mentioned this elsewhere but with no reply. After (almost exactly) three miles my left foot goes numb. I do need to change my shoes but is there a darker issue? how does my foot know when to go numb at three miles?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.