100 mile club

7 messages
29/02/2012 at 18:54

Bare with me on this, 30 years ago I neet a chap from west Wales who ran 100miles in 24hours and that entitled him to join the 100 miler club. My question is, is that club still going?

I have not heard of it since , or anybody else doing it.

29/02/2012 at 21:19
Not sure about an official club , but there are plenty of 100 mile races in the UK you can do.
01/03/2012 at 18:41

Andrew DuBois,

The chap who ran it spent 3 days in bed, his heart rate was so low everyone thought that he was dead [ he was in a army camp at the time ] and a doctor was called who put him on a drip.

After the third day he got up as if nothing had happened. but he was never the same runner again.

I dont think I would put myself through that,  just wondered if the club was still going.

This chap also called Roy, died about 5/6 years ago but I always admired for what he did.

01/03/2012 at 19:05
Have a look in the Ultra/Adventure Racing section, Roy. Lots of century races in there, one this weekend along the Thames path. I managed a 50 last month, and am looking to attempt a 100 next year.
02/03/2012 at 01:09
There is a club called the Centurions of people who have covered 100 miles in under 24 hours,but they appear to be walkers rather than runners.

Fast walkers, for sure!

http://www.centurions1911.org.uk/brotherhood-of-centurions.html
seren nos    pirate
02/03/2012 at 07:59
I wouldn't let one persons bad experience stop you doing something that you wanted to do.......

lots of people die every year having sex..doesn't seem to put people off
02/03/2012 at 17:34

Thanks one and all .

Seren nos, to be honest with myself I dont think that I have the apptitude for that distance. Mind you I have done a few 50/40/30 milers over the years.

Helvetica Bold, will look that up, once again thanks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.