1st organised race

4 messages
24/03/2008 at 09:23

Both myself and my wife are thinking about entering our 1st organised race

We've both been running about 18 months and are steady 10k(in about 55mins) 3 times a week runners

We were tempted to enter the GNR but having missed the entry date and not really wanting to pester people for sponsorship to go via a charity we're looking for an alternative

We live in Huddersfield and don't want to travel more than 100 miles max

Any suggestions on 10k/half marathons

24/03/2008 at 09:38

Afraid that I can't help as I live at the other end of the country. Have you looked at the 'events' tab on this site (the blue one, not the red 'forum' one)?

24/03/2008 at 21:00
The Humber Bridge 10K is a good one.  I did this one last year for the first time and will be entering again this year.  The event this year is on Sunday 1st June (clashes with the Race for Life in Hull).  The Humber Bridge 10k is organised by City of Hull Athletic Club but you don' have to be a club runner to take part.
24/03/2008 at 21:17
Leeds Half Marathon?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.