2 marathons in 2 weeks - madness?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
28/08/2012 at 20:07

I did Cardiff in 4.01 followed by Abingdon 4.05 a week later, that was back in 2005, I was 55 then and suffered no ill effects. I had only been running for a year but had put in the miles.

If you have done the work and are feeling good, go for it....good luck!!

WiB
28/08/2012 at 20:29

you have loads of tiem between them, no problem at all.

WiB
28/08/2012 at 20:33
I think as long as you prepare and manage your expectation then it should be fine.
28/08/2012 at 20:41

I would have NO expectation on the second marathon, would be more to enjoy the whole marathon experience rather than race it.  I wouldn't care what time I finished second one in to be honest (although I bet it won't feel like that on the day,,,  ) - there are no rules are there?  Horse for courses I s'pose.  

28/08/2012 at 21:45
Dubai Dave wrote (see)

I don't agree with Lardarse though, I have done 3 marathons in 3 days and 100 milers, its easier to keep going for a 100 miles than stop, stiffen up and go again the next day and again the next day.

Good luck

No one said anything about doing them one day after another, they're a week apart 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.