A chav-free running suggestion

Go out during England games

1 to 20 of 35 messages
10/06/2006 at 20:21
Tape it, to watch later on when the unwashed have reclaimed the streets.

You have to avoid the score in the style of the Likely Lads though.
10/06/2006 at 21:15
dont forget the 3 england flags strapped to your body as you pound the streets.
M...eldy    pirate
10/06/2006 at 21:19
I went out on my bike ... not a soul around for over 5 hours

Bliss
11/06/2006 at 06:53
I went shopping, supermarket was empty as were the roads.

I'm not all that keen on football but can Ingerland play every Saturday afternoon ?

Highlight of the day was seeing a pub car park full of the lager swillers in full Ingerland kit getting pi**ed while the game was being shown on large screen indoors. Such football fans aren't they ?
11/06/2006 at 07:18
Aah, the sort of people who will celebrate wildly if we win it, but if we get knocked out, then you gloat....not journalists are you???
11/06/2006 at 08:29
Ahhh, the sort of person who thinks that just because football is 'the national game' it should be rammed down the throats of everyone whenever the 'lads' are involved in a tournament and that anyone who is strange enough not to think that football is not the be all and end all of life has no right to express this opinion

Not a flag waving 'patriot' are you?
11/06/2006 at 08:34
No not flag waving, but I love my country, at anything, the worldd cup comes aaround every 4 years and you lot come out of your boring closets, get over it, football is the biggest sport on the planet, did you not get picked at school? Why moan about something you have no interest in, the garden not need weeding today then??

11/06/2006 at 08:43
and the flags come out every two years, you haven't forgotten about the European tournament have you?

why did you feel the need to butt in to this 'boring closet'? The people who started this thread were just expressing their opinions. You could have just left them to it.

We all know it's the biggest game on the planet. So what? Chinese is the most commonly spoken language on the planet, do you think we should all stop speaking English?
11/06/2006 at 09:11
I "butted" in, because it strikes me as crazy that people would spend energy typing drivel about a subject they could not care less about, weird really.
11/06/2006 at 09:18
so what are you doing then?
11/06/2006 at 09:20
Defending the sport I love, it is a forum after all...isn't it?
11/06/2006 at 09:28
It's ok for you to post your opinion but for othersto post theirs "it strikes me as crazy that people would spend energy typing drivel".
As you say, weird, it is a forum afterall.
11/06/2006 at 09:34
well said rob! i was reminded by a footie loving mate yesterday that england isn't that bad a place to be during a major football championship. she saw a whole family out on friday;mum,dad two little ones all decked out in the ecuador kit.can you imagine that in most countries? they would have got loads of abuse.in the last few weeks i've seen supporters wearing polish,trinidad,portugal,holland,french,italian colours..so why can't england fans wear them,go out to the pub on a really hot day,get pissed if they want to?
11/06/2006 at 09:38
Travis, the voice of reason. the world cup is just that, you make friends with people from all persuasions ,and just have one hell of a good time, but obviously some people find watching others enjoy themselves, is a bit of a chore.
11/06/2006 at 09:45
I totaly agree with you Travis. I travel the country to watch my team. I've taken my kids to watch England play here and in Athens.
But just because I enjoy it doesn't mean everyone else has too. We can all have an opinion. This thread was someone started in a light hearted tongue in cheek way which got waylaid by someone with a hangover?
11/06/2006 at 09:46
No hangover here mate, watched the game without a drink, am at work now. Bit of an opinionated bigot are you?
11/06/2006 at 09:49
i know rob. can't understand it.my work colleagues are a multinational bunch and we're having a good time about it.on friday we agreed that ok the english contingent are not a bunch of little englanders but it would be deflating if england went out early.it's quite nice seeing people being optimistic.
i watched the poland/ecuador game round my polish friends' house and the mood was so bleak afterwards.it was great for a while..the whole bunch in poland hats,shirts etc getting pissed.must admit i had to supress a laugh when ecuador scored!
11/06/2006 at 09:50
name calling now is it Rob!

nice, very nice
11/06/2006 at 09:53
Well pizza man, you assumed I am a skinhead flag wearing chav with a hangover...didn't you?? Kettle, pot, black etc.
11/06/2006 at 09:56
pizza,
point taken and i agree with you.i hope the thread is lighthearted it's just sometimes i can't understand why people would diss english supporters/fans. is it the legacy of the hooligan element in games past? the ocassional booing of national anthems by a few idiots? it strikes me that times are changing anyway.
anyway it was amazing being out for a bike ride yesterday. no traffic,clear roads, and this was 3 hours before the game....brill.
1 to 20 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.