A new take on why not to wear headphones in races

Taken from the John Austin HM Event Information

9 messages
14/01/2013 at 12:07

"Personal stereos and headphones are not allowed during the race.  If we lose you because you couldn’t hear a marshal we may never find you."

Can't argue with that for a reason not to wear them in a race. Or can you...?

14/01/2013 at 12:11

The new forest is vast, i should know living in this part of the world.   If you do go off track then there is a real danger of not being found.  The rules are there for your safety.   

14/01/2013 at 12:21

Cheshercat - I'm quite happy to stick to the rules - never race with music anyway. I was just wondering if any of the die-hard "I MUST wear my ipod in the race or I can't run" camp would find an argument to get around it!

14/01/2013 at 16:08

Great fresh idea for a thread Black and Tabby.

Perhaps a thread about dogs would bea  good follow up

14/01/2013 at 16:43

Perhaps it's OK to run wearing headphones if you've also got a dog with you.  Dogs have a keen sense of smell and should be able to lead you safely to the finish.  I recommend a labrador.

14/01/2013 at 16:44

Well I thought being told not to wear them because you might get lost for ever was something new. Apologies.

Maybe a thread about how off-putting it is to be slapped down for merely posting something I found amusing?

14/01/2013 at 16:56

if your ipod falls in the forest...will it make a sound?

14/01/2013 at 17:04

I think they automatically stop playing when the headphones are unplugged

14/01/2013 at 17:14

iPods with GPS should be allowed.

Or is that "aloud"?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.