Alrewas to London in 10 Days

1 message
02/10/2012 at 10:42

My lad has just started primary school and as a result am now being encouraged to attend a couple of local meetings in the village to discuss fundraaising ideas.

I have a germ of an idea which involves me running the distance from our Village (Alrewas) to London over a period of 10 days split up into 10 separate runs (1 each day).

The exact mileage from my house to Buckingham palace  = 127.6 miles, so if i round that up to 131 it then equates to running 1 half marathon everday.

Each run would start and finish in the village

The other part of the challenge will be that each HM will have to be done in 1 go

with the overall time being under 20 hours (so sub 2hrs) for each.

Upon completion of each run i would then upload my data from my Garmin onto the net to make it accesable to anyone who may be interested in keeping track of progress

I have run HMs in the past, the most recent being this year in 1HR 32 so the prospect of running under 2hrs doesnt sound dauntig, however, i can imagine that the cumulative effect after 3 or 4 days could start to take its toll.

Id be interested in any feedback on

A, whether it sounds like something that would generate local interest,

B What sort of training plan should i look to undertake between now and next May which is when i would look at doing it.

C. Any tips on organising it (ie generating interest etc before and during the event)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.