alternative to mapmyrun

21 to 25 of 25 messages
21/06/2011 at 13:30
I have only just started running really but I find gb.mapometer.com very easy to use especially with option for route to "follow roads automatically" and "close loop".

Does anyone use runtastic for android? It used to work great on my htc desire but has stopped logging distance etc (yes gps locator is switched on).
I have tried to contact the runtastic advise but just get an auto response that says to use their forum. Unfortunately I cant remember login info so cant use forum.

Is there a better free app for android? I am a bit of a techno phobe so the simpler the better really. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
22/06/2011 at 09:29

Mike, I am using Adidas miCoach which is a free Android App.  Seems to work just fine for me, it is multi-discipline as well so you can use for Cycling and Nordic Skiing (if that's your thing) amongst others.

22/06/2011 at 09:46

Ooh, I'm liking the road-following thing!

I notice also (with gmap pedometer) you can turn it off for one click, to override it (eg if you cut across country) and then turn it on again

22/06/2011 at 10:24

Run Keeper is one of the best I have used - tried adidas micoach nike and mapmyrun and Run Keeper stands out. Very easy to use, includes coaching, you can amend and upload route. Share with your running buddies or street team. Definately recommend.

You can also track your progress with the routes on your smart phone, upload general exercise, manual entry or just run and see where the mood takes you. Can also be used for cycling, walking etc.

Edited: 22/06/2011 at 10:26
22/06/2011 at 11:00
Johnny2323 wrote (see)
...  I've just made a route http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/] but how do I export it to my Garmin 305? I pressed the Export GPX button but how do I move that onto device? ...
I haven't tried myself, but I guess you save it somewhere handy, then use Garmin Training Centre and use the file import course function.
Edited: 22/06/2011 at 11:01

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.