Am I being a bit sensitive ?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
22/12/2012 at 11:09

I know it has already been said but most club officials are unpaid volunteers, without  them running (or any sport) would be a lot more expensive. I know it takes no more time to write a polite well worded letter but club volunteers are generally hard working people who 'make' time for things. Trying to get others to help too often gets a 'too busy' response, cut them a bit of slack! And make time help out even if it just little bit

22/12/2012 at 13:26

What are the rules about wearing club kit at affiliated races if you aren't a member - is it banned or just frowned upon ?   

22/12/2012 at 14:13
Stevie G . wrote (see)

If you're miles overdue and still using their name for races, that's a bit rude.

I think that's what half the problem is, people are using club names to get £2 discount on race fees when they're no longer affiliated.  

22/12/2012 at 18:43
Stevie G . wrote (see)

So, leading home the 2nd claim guys to a 10k team win in the summer,delight turned to being GUTTED, when I found out a team mate had RATTED me out to the organisers as "Only" being 2nd claim.

Lucky for him Vlad the Impaler wasn't part of your team, he'd have something to say about it.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/493151/gallery/images.jpg?width=350

22/12/2012 at 21:11
popsider wrote (see)

What are the rules about wearing club kit at affiliated races if you aren't a member - is it banned or just frowned upon ?   

If you have purchased the kit then it is yours and you are free to wear it just as you could wear a replica football shirt for your favourite team if it is a standard race open to unattached as well as club runners. You could not of course claim to be a member of that club on the entry form or claim the cheaper entry fee. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.