Am I Mr Strange Foot

4 messages
06/08/2002 at 16:49
I'm going to give up running ... I've just spent a day and a half trying to get hold of a pair of Saucony Grid Stabils and met with various different flavours of "sorry, haven't got any in that size".
Sweatshop, Bournesports, Derby Runner ... no luck there !

Before anyone thinks I'm a size 18 or my feet are wider than Birmingham - all I'm looking for is a bog standard size 10.

Am I strange ... are people laughing at me when I ask for 10s and thinking "what a misshape this guy must be" ?

Should I consider cosmetic surgery to have my feet changed to 9.5 or 10.5 - loads of Stabils of that size available - or should I be looking at getting a job in a circus - you know - baggy trousers, red nose - that kind of thing ?

Help, Mr Saucony, make some more size 10s before I have to enter bathchair and blanket events !
06/08/2002 at 18:25
Looks like it's one of those popular sizes that just flies off the shelf. Sorry, Bruxy, you're not a unique biological specimen - you're, er, NORMAL. On current evidence, that is. Unless you can tell us different...

Cheers, V-rap.
07/08/2002 at 09:28
V-rap, thanks for that ... can't remember the last time I was described as "normal" - even if there's an "er" qualifying it and it's completely wrong :-) - but you don't want to know the wicked truth !

Birmingham Runner has saved the day and come up with the goods - so I'll be able to hold my head up high as I run by, no longer accompanied by a swarms of flies all homing in on the vapours drifting from my old Stabils.

Wonder if Saucony would like them back for "research" ???

Cheers
Bruxy
07/08/2002 at 12:11
And who was it said that nothing good would ever come out of Birmingham?

I get my shoes from the other local establishment, Sutton Runner. They don't have the fancy gait analysis equipment, but they have never failed to have the shoes I want when I go in. It's such a friendly establishment that I sometimes wonder whether they make sure they get a pair of "my" shoes in every 3-4 months.

Last time I went to replace my shoes, the fellow in the shop demonstrated that the shoe was still fit for running in despite having a good 500 miles on it. I bought a new pair anyway, but bashed another 500 miles of very comfortable walking out of the old shoes before reluctantly throwing them away because the midsole had definitely expired.

Cheers, V-rap.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.