Am I really out of order ?

Mother-in Law !

41 to 46 of 46 messages
15/08/2012 at 11:15

Divorce him.... He sounds like a waste of space, and you get rid of the M-I-L as well...

Winner all round

15/08/2012 at 12:05

Good advice Dave, he sounds a bad un' he's probably playing away anyway, and brings his Mum around for moral support. Also if you have children, get him to take them with him, and you can run whenever you feel like then.

15/08/2012 at 12:24

Have you tried showing him this thread - showing how upset you were about the situation that you ended up asking the internet people for advice? It isn't fair for him to invite someone to stay and then ignore them - be it his mother, his boss or anyone else.

It is at times like these that I am glad that my OH's mother lives in Brazil and doesn't own a passport....

15/08/2012 at 13:23
dancing in spikes wrote (see)

Have you tried showing him this thread - showing how upset you were about the situation that you ended up asking the internet people for advice? 

My OH would be devastated if she though I had to ask strangers for advice on the internet.............

15/08/2012 at 14:11

As I would be most likely. Just seems you get a fair reply from strangers than say from  friends who back each other up always or from family who would change their view of the OH.

Some people just go off and find 'that special person who understand' I resorted to RW.

Oh well, can surely only get better....

17/08/2012 at 19:27

Well Lil., now you know that a lot of people on here (strangers, intellectuals, comedians, weirdos ) sympathise with you and we think you deserve a tolerance medal, perhaps that will help you to cope a bit better.  I think the hardest thing for you was to work out whether you were being taken advantage of.  Our survey said 'yes'.  Maybe that is all you needed to know.  Good luck with everything and keep standing up for your beliefs.  Oddly enough after my divorce I found myself slightly missing my MIL because she was (is) such a nice lady....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.