Anti Dog Device

How to keep them away

21 to 30 of 30 messages
29/04/2010 at 16:48
 got the runs .it use to wind are dog up he use to run outside and bark at the sky  the mad mut lol hulksy
30/04/2010 at 13:06
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-4002888404006-Compressed-Air-Cleaner/dp/B0000934G1

Dogs are terrified of compressed air, they don't understand it.

(But don't come looking for me if you lose an arm...)
Edited: 30/04/2010 at 13:06
30/04/2010 at 14:33

yes my catholic upbringing really comes through in my earlier post. My dog used to bark at the tv any time there was thunder or fireworks on it...but would hiide under the table whenever there was real thunder or fireworks...he obviously thought he could take the tv...

30/04/2010 at 15:54
are dog use to chase anyone on a bike but we soon put a stop to that . we took his bike off him hulksy
30/04/2010 at 20:38

Unfortunately, there's no fail-safe method that I know for keeping the little ****ers away from you. Unless your surname is 'Bolt' I doubt you'll outrun a dog. I get hassled by them all the time. I believe that councils are reluctant to enforce Control Orders as it risks their popularity. The only suggestions I have are:

Leg it - think of it as Fartlek training, and the dog's doing you a favour. Most of the time it'll back off once it's chased you for a while

Get a mini camera and photograph the owner. Inform the owner (I find nice people have nice dogs - it's the thugs that have aggressive ones) that you're emailing it to the council and complaining their dog's a nuisance. You might be better off with a phone camera.

Don't let the anti-social b*****ds spoil your run. There's no such thing as a bad dog, just scummy owners.

30/04/2010 at 20:46

This is what happens if you taser a bull, i imagine a dog may respond in the same and rip you a new arsehole

30/04/2010 at 20:52

As a dog lover I agree about the scummy owners.  Unfortnately pointing a camera phone at certain people would result in what's called a 'serious face wastin'

As for the Tazer you might just run the risk of having that shoved somewhere interesting.

There should be stricter controls on who can own a dog, and every dog owner should have to have some sort of public liability insurance.

30/04/2010 at 21:03

[quote]Unfortnately pointing a camera phone at certain people would result in what's called a 'serious face wastin'[/quote]

Not if you've already sent their photo to the local constable and tell them this... Unless they're truly psychotic, in which case they will give you a larruping - but at least you'll have the consolation of knowing that photo will land them with a stay in Her Majesty's Holiday Camp. 

Anyway... I've never taken a camera out with me - it's just a suggestion. How about a can of hairspray and a lighter? I'll get me coat...

30/04/2010 at 21:30

I meant to say could, not would,  and yes there are certain people out there I wouldn't challenge, or probably even look sideways at.  Let alone let it be known that I took their photo.  Have just read an article in the Dogs Today magazine about a stolen dog that ended up with some seriously not nice people.   The guy threatened to slice the dogs proper owner up and the police didn't want to know.

Think I'll bow gracefully out  now.   I am not sure wether I have been taken the wrong way.

30/04/2010 at 21:39
You're probably right, Susie - I'm not disagreeing with you. Dealing with dogs is such a pain... I'm convinced that, for the local council to do something about it in my area (it's only been really bad for the last couple of years - 'status dogs' and the like), something horrible will have to happen to make them act... Council tax? What does that pay for?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.