Any Olympic Torchbearers on here?

21 to 27 of 27 messages
seren nos yn canu    pirate
13/12/2012 at 08:34
acdcgirl wrote (see)

I wanted to join the club, had a run with them and the bloke who ran with me was going on and on about his torchbearing feat, how he ran 40 marathons and raised over £50.000 in charity. After this I never came back. Either you do fundraising for self gratification or for real reasons. I wanted to do endurancelife relay but I was beaten to a place by somebody.

I'm suprised you didn't go back because of one person................he probably didn't know what to chat to you about and if you had gone back 3 or 4 times and the same guy had run with you each time and told you the same stories i could understand.........

but to only give the club one chance seems strange

13/12/2012 at 11:52

In all honesty, I just wanted the sport to start. And when it did I never wanted it to end.

13/12/2012 at 16:26

Some film I shot of the torch going into and out of Wimbledon Tennis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkF76-b-5G8

And then coming through Kingston next day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaFvnjfwsPA

--

seren nos yn canu    pirate
13/12/2012 at 16:33

My son stopped mid run and ran off to the side of the road and passed it tohis younger brother.it was a magical moment for them.........really touched us.......just scared the security for a moment as they didn't know what he was doing.we have the full bbc coverage of his leg which lasted a long time as he had a double leg and then a big interview before handing over to the next one...........

its a memory that weill be with them for ever

13/12/2012 at 18:46
That's so sweet, letting his brother have a turn!
14/12/2012 at 17:22

A Chinese Telecoms boss ran past my house holding the torch -  it wasn't something that I felt merited much attention given that it seemed to me that there may be more worthy torchbearers around.  Still, he did it in good heart, having his photo taken before the run with local children etc so I didn't have a downer on the whole event. ..and my neighbour gave me a beer as well, which was nice !

I did enjoy seeing the effort that some areas went to - Torvill and Dean giving it a spin on an ice rink in Nottingham was a very good idea

16/12/2012 at 13:31

My aunt carried the torch. It was an incredible moment for her and the rest of the family. Meant so much to her! 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.