Any one doing Brathay, Windermere Marathon this year?

My first marathon is to be the Brathay Windermere

7 messages
30/01/2009 at 21:50
Hi, I srarted running in July 08 and have only done one race, a 10k which i did in 52 mins.  I have so far trained up my long runs to 17.5 miles and I am aiming at the Brathay Windermere marathon in May.   I understand it is 'undulating' which kind of scares me a bit as it will be my first marathon..  I am looking to run the Hull 20 in March which I hope will give me the confidence to get around the 26.2 miles.  Anyone else training for this?  Any encouragement?
30/01/2009 at 22:10
hope I am not the only one!
30/01/2009 at 23:09
hi mike, go into forum topics at the top of page and look for brathray  thread,i think you will find it ok
31/01/2009 at 08:56

I'm doing that one as well mate! It'll be my first marathon too. So far my training hasn't got me running as far as you so I imagine you'll be ok, just make sure you don't burn out before the marathon comes around.

31/01/2009 at 09:00
Sorry, forgot to add this -- Brathay Windermere Marathon Thread
31/01/2009 at 09:18
Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.  Good luck with the training.
10/02/2009 at 09:59

Hi Ted and Michael.

That makes 3 of us tacklng the Brathay marathon course for the first time. Entered for the Brighton half marathon toward the end of  February and a 16 mile event in Kingston in April. Until Brathay gets a bit closer its still hard to quantify in my mind what I am letting myself in for. Still am able to run 7.30 miles for 13 miles at the mo and am attempting to keep up that sort of rhythm and pace as I head into preparation for those longer runs. We've certainly picked a toughie for our first one but the beauty of the lake district scenery will more than make up for it!  Good luck with your training and enjoy !

Damian

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.