Any runners in North Herts

4 messages
02/06/2003 at 14:08
Hi all
Wonder if you can help. Have recently moved to Hitchin and want to restart my running after a break of about 6 months. I can only run for 30 mins, 3 times a week at the moment at about 10/11 minute mile pace. All the running clubs I have found seem to be geared up for more speed work and faster running. I just want to run safely with a bit of motivation and build up my distance. Does anyone know of any groups that would be suitable for my level ? Or is there any similar runners in the area that wouldn't mind me tagging along. Have a half marathon to build up to September so would like to stay as motivated as possible !!!

02/06/2003 at 17:14
Why not come up to Bedford and join the Harriers?

www.bedfordharriers.co.uk

They have a complete beginners group (going for about 6 weeks, schedule on the website), or move up to one of the next groups whose schedules are also online.

Very friendly club - everyone welcome and meet at Newnham Athletics Track Monday and Wednesday evenings 6.15/6.30.

I joined in October last year and ran with a couple of groups till found something I was comfortable with.

A lot of the runners at varying standards will meet up at weekends for training runs, and there's a track/speed session every Friday evening - again with three groups depending upon how hard/easy you want to train.

If your half marathon is Nottingham then I might see you there too!
02/06/2003 at 17:21
I live in Buntingford - about half an hour away.

I was running 5 miles 4 times a week until a chest infection curtailed my running about 4 weeks ago.

So now I'm building up again from 20/30 minutes at a time.

Buntingford maybe to far - we could meet halfway and run around Baldock?

Ben Hewer
02/06/2003 at 18:54
Joanne. Try North Herts Road Runners, based in Letchworth with loads of people from Hitchin. At 10/11 minute miling, you will definitely find someone there to run with.

Try www.nhrr.web.com.

You will find them a friendly bunch.

It's my first claim club, although I moved from Hitchin to Lincolnshire last year.

Is it the Great North run you are building up for?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.