Any running clubs in the Medway area?

21 to 28 of 28 messages
09/01/2013 at 13:14

Hi  I would be interested.  I live in medway and normally just run at Roko in the week as its too dark to go out alone but a running group allowing a longer run would be great. 

09/01/2013 at 15:25

Hi,

We currently do about a 7.5 miler and then extend when we have time or inclintion...this time of year the weather really dictates what we do as you can imagine. We try and do a longer run either sat / sun mornings as well doing a full loop into the dockyard and up through brompton. I think we are out tonight if not most certainly next week! Let me know if you are interested. FYI http://www.facebook.com/groups/hopandvineharriers/ is our little forum...

28/03/2013 at 21:42
Hi Damian
Just stumbled acrcoss your post looking for running groups in medway

Are you still dunno g on Sundays?
Nice little loop you discribe

Cheers
Malcolm
29/03/2013 at 08:04
Yep we are still out and about. This weekend is a long run, 19 miles as we are marathon training, run at a steady pace on the flat. Runners and riders can join and drop off whenever! The more the merrier! Probably start about 8.30 or so
29/03/2013 at 13:58
Hi I'd be interested in joining a running club in Medway, I live on St Mary's Island and like others get bored of the same routes.
29/03/2013 at 14:05
Well it's pretty informal. Come and go as you please...generally meet at the hop and vine rainham which is now dominos as its a good starting point and you can always grab a pizza when you are done. However the start can change, there's no fixed rules. Generally Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings...as I said this weeks a long one but you can start at domino and finish at st Mary's which we run through and that's about 9 miles...
13/05/2013 at 17:47

Hi guys, definitely interested in joining you if this is still happening? Is it still Wednesdays and Sundays? What kinda time do you meet there? Cheers, Joe

23/07/2013 at 16:36

Hi there, I like to run in Medway and other parts of Kent

I have also recently launched  http://www.runkent.com a free forum for runners in Kent to discover new running partners, running routes, training tips and more. I found when searching online I couldn't find one place to go to find running information for Kent.

Im also thinking of setting up regular runs for members and maybe finding run leaders for each district in Kent to hold their own group runs.

Feel free to add a post on the forum as I think it would be great to promote running in Kent and meet other running partners to get fit together and motivate each other.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.