Any running clubs in the Medway area?

1 to 20 of 33 messages
29/05/2005 at 19:44
Does anyone know of a running club in the Medway area?
If so any details would be much appreciated.

Cheers
29/05/2005 at 20:00
Medway and Maidstone are the main club, but they are an athletics club rather than a typical running club.

I am not aware of any other club in Medway - certainly there SHOULD be one.

Otherwise you can travel to Gravesend (Gravesend Road Runners and Ifield & Istead RC) or Maidstone (Maidstone Harriers - my club).

Lots of good running in Medway though - whereabouts are you based?
29/05/2005 at 20:23
Hi Pantman

I live in Rainham. I'm running out of new places to run. I go down the saxon shore path and around the streets but if you know of some pleasant spot I'd be gratefull for some new scenery.

Chris
12/07/2009 at 21:57

hi

im thinking of starting my own club in medway...any1 want 2join?

20/07/2009 at 12:36

Hi

I live in Rochester and I would be interested.

10/08/2009 at 12:00

would be interested and I know quite a few others that would also be interested.  Now would be the perfect time with the new running track at the black loin

11/08/2009 at 18:40
I would poss be interested - let me know if it happens.  However, I have only recently started running so I can't run very far and am very slow!
23/02/2010 at 19:28

There is a running club called RunMedway which meets in the reception area of the Mid-Kent College campus by the Black Lion in Gillingham 7pm Mondays. Best to email runmedway@mandmac.org for more information. Also more information on the Medway & Maidstone AC webiste http://mandmac.org/runmedway.aspx.

29/07/2010 at 12:46

Hi

i am new to running and i would be interested

19/09/2010 at 20:55

I am very new to running but would preferably run on a track.  I need to be able to do it during the day does anyone know of any local tracks that do not charge you the earth to use them? I am in chatham and would prefer somewhere close by.

Thanks

03/10/2010 at 15:59
did anything ever come of this thread, back in the saddle now and would like a club!
22/02/2011 at 12:52

hey

i know this is an old forum but did anything come of a club for people that live in medway? im just starting off running and am hoping to do the 2012 london marathon. i live in rainham and the nearest running club i found is sittingbourne which is where i am off to tonight.

11/03/2011 at 17:52

Hey im very new to running and have just moved to sittingbourne so I would love any good spots to go running or and running clubs which are about

Thx alot  

14/03/2011 at 12:17

hey

i have started running in sittingbourne. the club know lots of routes around there so you come come to a session and then get some tips from them or just come running with the group. depending on how fit and how long you been running there would be a few sessions worth looking at. if your new to running then 630 on a tuesday or 730 if your a strong runner. they also meet on a thursday and a sunday i think. i have only bee a couple of times but they seem like a nice group of people.

09/11/2011 at 19:55
Hey, does anybody know if the sittingbourne running club, still run on tuesdays? i have just moved to the rainham area and need to get my running back up.
10/11/2011 at 21:56
hello. yea they do run on a tuesday thats the club i belong to. tuesday at 630 for slower runner 730 for quicker. and thursdays at 530. i travel there from rainham as well
11/11/2011 at 12:11

Hello! I'm living in Barking area, not far from rainham. Can I join the running club for slower runner (I think)? What I have to do?

thank you!!!!!

12/11/2011 at 00:08

i think you maybe thinking of rainham essex if you live in barking? im in rainham kent your more than welcome to join us but might be quite a trek for a run

12/11/2011 at 05:17

Great.,The members of this group will benefit by meeting other people who are interested in: 1) Meeting other local triathletes to train with... Those long training sessions can get lonely!  Learning training tips and training te

Running Shoes
08/01/2013 at 19:59

So I am in a similar spot but theres two or three of us that meet wednesday evenings  (7:45)at the old hop and vine  now dominos in rainham for a run. various routes various paces but primarily using it as a mid week longish run for marathon training. Is there still interest?

1 to 20 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.