Anyone else disappointed with the magazines recent content?

Too many ads in the issues and not enough actual content

21 to 24 of 24 messages
03/08/2012 at 22:09
Thought it was just me! Never got round to renewing my subscription at Christmas even though I was enjoying the mag. Went to buy a copy last week and stuck it back on the shelf after a quick flick through in the queue. Really thin and repeated content and more than four quid!!!

Come on RW pull your socks up!
05/08/2012 at 13:49

If I wanted a cooking magazine I would buy one. Far too many recipes and little about major events. Even the reviews of recent races are getting briefer. Trail Running magazine has far more information for less money.

07/08/2012 at 15:59

I've subscribed to RW in the past as well, as Cycling Plus, Ride (motorbikes), Running Fitness etc. The problem is that with most things there's only so much to say. Hence you get the same articles repeating. Every new year running mags feature marathon running, to catch the London marathoners. Not so good if your training for a 10k.

I think there's so much info and advice available at running clubs, on line and on forums etc, that it makes sense to buy a copy of RW/Running Fitness etc when it has something that interests you, the money you'll save on the 'off months' will more that make up for not subscribing and paying full price.

Also, old fashioned I know, but the local library is likely to have a good number of running related books or even magazines. (Assuming the ConDems haven't closed it down yet of course).

08/08/2012 at 00:18
As a librarian I 2nd that! Just got my copy of Eat and Run by Scott Jurek from my local branch...use it or lose it!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.