Anyone Live in Argle and Bute ?

Dunoon area

5 messages
16/04/2008 at 18:00

Help needed !

I maybe moving to the area soon from London - desperate to find a club - dont mind travelling 10 miles or so - overland - I know Gourock is over the water I believe but dont fancy that for club nights ! 

Any help greatly appreciated

17/04/2008 at 07:23

This may be of some use.

I used to live in Helensburgh which does have a running club - but a little far to travel! 

17/04/2008 at 09:17

I want to go to Helensburgh which we were originally, my wife wants to go to Dunoon but I dont fancy it

I ran the Helenburgh half in 2007 and know area as my in laws currently stay in Garelochead. I can see a compromise coming onn if we move. If I go aI will need to find a local club and Helensburgh is perfect

17/04/2008 at 09:37

In that case!!!

I would personally rather live in Helensburgh than Dunoon, but thats just me.  I wasn't a member of the running club but has good rep and all the local Halfs are good

17/04/2008 at 11:37

Broken Bones

Yes I agree, when we first decided to move up I wanted to live somewhere between The swimming pool in Helensburgh and Garlecochead (this would include Cardross, Rhu, Shandon) and now my wife want to go to Dunoon, I think Helensburgh is much nicer by far - OK houses a little dearer but you get what you pay for. I really am sticking to my guns on this. To be fair its OK for my wife as she is Scottish and her mum is there - I will have no one and I work from home so I need some outlet which is my running

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.